Our home in Baldock (north Hertfordshire) is one of the oldest buildings in the town. Built around 1540 it was originally an Inn for travellers along the Great North Road. It was then disused when stagecoaches were introduced, as the entrance archway wasn't high enough. After almost being demolished in the 1960s, the building was purchased and renovated by a local builder, Mr Raban, before being passed to the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, its current owner. It is divided into 6 properties, all of which contain original features.